We are one week away from Halloween and walking around the neighborhood you can see how people are preparing for it. During Christmas it was all about overweight men flying in sleighs and red socks hanging all over the place. Now it’s all about undead people and scary stuff.
It’s interesting to see how much dedication some people put into it. And with so much land generally available in suburbs homes it’s easy to go overboard. However the rebel in me who prefers unbirthdays makes it highly unlikely that you will see me decorating our rented patch of land for cultural events like this.
This article is part of the series California, US (2012 - 2015):
- Bye Bye Ireland, Hello California
- San Francisco Street Signs
- Wildlife Along The Shoreline Trail
- Clarion Alley
- Hiking From Stevens Creek County Park
- Halloween In Sunnyvale (This article)
- Living In Silicon Valley
- Bike Riding Montebello Road (Steven's Canyon Loop)
- Bye Bye California, Welcome Switzerland